Google Lime Scholarship (BDRC)
Recipients of the 2018 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year. Selected students will also be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in Summer 2018. Candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the US (based on tuition costs).
• A current undergraduate, graduate or PhD student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
• Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2018-2019 academic year
• Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
• Maintaining a strong academic performance
• A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
• Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
• This scholarship is not open to current high school students.