FA&S- CSU Systemwide- Hampton Scholars Scholarship
Dr. Claudia H. Hampton was the first African American trustee of the California State University. She was on the board for 20 years from 1974 to 1994; serving as chair for three of those years from 1979 to 1981. She was a teacher and administrator in the Los Angeles Unified School District for 25 years, retiring in 1981 as director of the district’s Human and School-Community Relations Resource Office.
The Hampton Scholars Scholarship was funded in her honor to recognize students who excel academically and exemplify Dr. Hampton’s dedication.
Four (4) $4,500 scholarships will be awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Award Period: 2023-2024
- Be a graduate of the California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CAMS).
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office (Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) that correlates with the award period must be on file)
- Be in good academic standing.
- Remain a California State University full-time equivalent student during the scholarship period.
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret nomination emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete the General Application first, then proceed to the CSU Systemwide application to complete the personal statement.
- CSU Foundation, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships