VRC - Harold G. Stevens Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Important update: Deadline to apply has moved to February 10, 2023
The Harold G. Stevens Memorial Scholarship Endowment is in memory of Harold G. Stevens who died in 1999. Harold was a graduate from Cal Poly Pomona. He majored in English and financed his education with the assistance of the GI Bill. In memory of Harold, this scholarship will be awarded to graduate English majors, or credential students.
Award Period: 2023-2024
- Open to incoming and continuing students (admit term must be prior to fall 2023)
- Open to graduate students enrolled in an English master’s program, students pursuing a multiple-subject credential, and students pursuing a single-subject English credential
- Student must be enrolled in ten or more units
- Cumulative GPA must be 3.5 or higher
- Students must have financial need (FAFSA and Dream applications must be submitted)
- Must be enrolled part-time at the time of disbursement to receive funds
- Veteran students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If a student is selected as the recipient, they are eligible to receive the award for a maximum span of 4 years or until the student has graduated (so long as it does not exceed 4 years). The award amount is $1,000 per year for a total of $4,000 or $1,000 for each year of attendance. The student must meet the criteria on a yearly basis to be eligible for the renewal. This scholarship is renewable, so long as funding permits.
1/11/23 Update Due to funding this year, we are only able to award $500 to each recipient.
For questions regarding this scholarship, please contact Elke Azpeitia in the Veterans Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim Katayama at email@example.com.