Access & Disability Alliance (AdA)
This scholarship recognizes students who have taken an active role in promoting disability awareness and serving as an advocate for people with disabilities. You do not need to have a disability to apply for this scholarship. Please note: knowing someone with a disability or having a disability yourself does not meet the requirement of taking an active role in promoting disability awareness for this scholarship.
This scholarship is for the 2023-2024 academic year
• Must be enrolled at least part-time for fall AND spring semester of 2023-2024
• International students may apply
• Open to all undergraduate and graduate students (including first-time freshmen and transfers)
• Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
• Answer all supplemental questions
Awards each year are based on the student’s general application and supplemental responses, consisting of academic and co-curricular excellence, and essay content.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Dr. Shayda Kafai at email@example.com or Dr. Rodney Hume-Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 2023-2024, AdA, Open to International Students
- Supplemental Questions
- In 500 words or less, please describe your role as an activist in the disability community identifying specific examples, including: contributions you have personally made to the disability community, examples of increasing awareness of disability issues on or off campus, examples of promoting access and equity for people with disabilities, and/or examples of affecting positive change on behalf of person with disabilities.
- In no more than 250 words, please identify your educational and career goals and explain how this financial award will assist you in achieving them.
- Are you a member of the Access & disABILITY Alliance? (membership is not a requirement, it is for informational purposes only)
- Have you completed any Ability Ally Training? (this is not a requirement, it is for informational purposes only)