CLASS - Music - Duo Concertante Music Scholarship
The Duo Concertante Endowed Music Scholarship is for continuing Music Majors taking String Ensemble, Orchestra or Piano Ensemble who have demonstrated excellence, via an audition, in performance on piano, organ, or strings.
Award Period: 2021-2022
To be selected for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Class level must be a current freshman, sophomore, junior or senior (first-time freshman and transfer are encouraged to apply)
- Must be a music major and enrolled/plan to enroll in String Ensemble or Piano Ensemble
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled full-time during awarding period
- Submit an essay, 500 words or less, explaining how your performance activities contribute to the campus’ artistic life
Opportunities to audition for scholarships occur four times per year.
Fall Conference: on the afternoon of the day before Fall classes begin.
December: during Finals week, at the Fall-semester performance juries.
Early February: at the incoming-student auditions.
May: during Finals week, at the Spring-semester performance juries.
Selection will be determined based on quality performance at one of the four annually scheduled department juries/auditions, and completion of the general application
Performances may not exceed 5 minutes. Music need not be memorized.
For any questions, please contact Dr. David Kopplin at firstname.lastname@example.org.