Alumni Association- Hilda L. Solis Scholarship (Latino Alumni Chapter, Alumni Association)
The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship is named in honor of Cal Poly Pomona Alumna, Hilda L. Solis, who is the first Latina to serve as a United States Cabinet member. The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship recognizes high achieving students who help make a difference in the lives of others. Often, they are the first in their families to go to college, and have financial needs. Nevertheless, they manage to succeed academically, while finding significant ways to give back to their community.
This award is for fall 2021
- Open to freshmen, sophomores and juniors (this includes first-time freshman/transfers admitted in fall 2020 or spring 2021)
- Open to all majors
- Must be a full time student in 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- Maintain minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- Demonstrate financial need (must complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application in order to determine need)
- California resident
- Answer and provide all supplemental questions after completing your general application
- Letter of Recommendation (please ask recommenders to email their letters to Samantha Chow at email@example.com in the Office of Alumni and External Relations if they
are unable to submit online)
- Submit a one-page statement outlining your educational major, educational goals and how this scholarship will assist your educational achievements.
Awards each year are based on the student’s general application and supplemental responses, consisting of academic and co-curricular excellence, and essay content. Letters of recommendation not required, but recommended.
Should you have any questions, please contact Samantha Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Office of Alumni and External Relations.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY.