ENV - Landscape Architecture - California Landscape Architecture Student Scholarship Fund (CLASS Fund)
The California Landscape Architecture Student Scholarship Fund (CLASS Fund) is supported by landscape architects and green industry professionals in Southern California, and is the most substantial professional scholarship program in landscape architecture. This scholarship is provided to fund Landscape Architecture students with financial need, strong leadership qualities and the potential to expand the discipline of landscape architecture.
Scholarship will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Full-time student, any year level
- Demonstrate financial need:(2019-2020 Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) required)
- Leadership potential
- Community involvement
- Department GPA should be 3.0 or better
Specific Application Requirements:
- Completed application
- Letter of intent specifically addressing the applicant’s educational goals, financial need and the opportunity afforded by the scholarship
- A4 Size digital portfolio:
– Maximum of 8 page spreads of A4 size (16 total pages)
– Portfolio projects that support application and applicant’s design capabilities
- NO letters of recommendation are required
Post-award requirements include:
*A thank-you letter to the donor
*Report of findings
*A public presentation of work/ideas supported by funds
*A hard copy of portfolios and all required documents including a thank you letter to department office
If you have any questions please contact Andrew Wilcox, Department Chair at email@example.com or Mr. Kris Penrose, Department Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities>>Recommended” Tab and click on APPLY.