Engineering - ECE - E. James 'Skip' Perry Mentorship Endowment
The scholarship is offering an opportunity for electrical and computer engineering students who show interest in pursuing a career in green technologies, SMART Grid, telecommunications, utilities, or power and energy transmission.
Award Period: Fall 2020 Scholarship is renewable as long as recipients reapply annually and meet following criteria
- Must be majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more units) the entire awarding period
- Answer the supplemental question: In no more than 200 words, explain your professional focus on the following career (green technologies, utilities, telecommunications, etc.).
- California Residency Required
Scholarship disbursement is contingent upon completion of the following: (a) Write and submit a formal ‘Thank You’ letter (via upload to Academic Works); and (b) Participate in the “College of Engineering Scholarship Conferral Luncheon,” May 14, 2020; 11:30AM–1:00PM; Ursa Minor (held on Thursday, students are expected to participate at minimum, 12:00PM–1:00PM).
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities>>Recommended” Tab and click on APPLY
NOTE: Award recipient must be available for mentorship with senior electric utility telecommunications engineering