Collins - Experience the Industry Award International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show - New York
Industry Award International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show – New York Details:
- All Collins College student representatives will be required to participate in the events (including attendance at educational seminars) at this industry show in professional attire. If the student is a member of Eta Sigma Delta (ESD), the student will be required to attend the ESD networking breakfast session in professional business attire.
- All students will be required to participate in all hospitality property tours scheduled by the college, and other activities planned by the college.
- Students will and stay, as a group, in the hotel selected by Collins College.
- Students will attend a mandatory orientation meeting on campus during University Hour on Thursday, October 24th prior to the trip.
- Students will arrive in New York on Friday, November 8th and are expected to attend the entire show with a return flight no earlier than 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 12th.
- Return flights must be scheduled to accommodate this commitment.
- The Collins College will make the reservations for four nights of lodging in New York and pay for the costs for room and tax.
- The Collins College will obtain the admission badges for the “HX The Hotel Experience Show-New York” event.
- Student applicants will be notified of this award no later than Tuesday, October 1st. Selected students will need to provide evidence of flight arrangements to Ms. Carolina Sanchez no later than Noon on Tuesday, October 8th.
Award Period: Fall 2019:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Student must have completed at least 12 units (undergraduates one full semester and graduate students one or two semesters) at the Collins College of Hospitality Management
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
Students who received and participated in The Collins- Experience the Industry Award – HX The Hotel Experience Show for 2018– New York are not eligible in 2019
Should you have any further questions, please contact Don St. Hilaire from Collins College of Hospitality Management at email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- In no more than 500 words respond to the following question, "How will your experiences at HX: The Hotel Experience in New York enhance your educational and career opportunities?" Please upload your essay in Word format, check for spelling and grammar. Please include only your Bronco ID at the top of your essay. Please do NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.