Crankstart Scholarship for California Community College Transfer Students
The Crankstart Foundation was established in 2000 by husband and wife, Michael Moritz and Harriet Heyman. Michael Moritz is a businessman and venture capitalist with Sequoia Capital. Prior to Sequoia, Moritz was a reporter for Time Magazine and author. Harriet Heyman is a former journalist for The New York Times and a novelist. Michael Moritz and Harriet Heyman have committed to The Giving Pledge, and have pledged to give away at least half of their wealth to philanthropy.
The Crankstart Program in partnership with PolyTransfer is offering multiple scholarships in the amount of $2,500 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
• Must have transferred to Cal Poly Pomona within the last four years from a CA Community College
• All undergraduate majors are eligible
• Students must be in Good Academic Standing (2.0 GPA or above)
• Enrollment must be at least half-time at the time the award is given
• No Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Note: Scholarship is renewable next year. Students that receive this award for the 2017-2018 academic year can re-apply again next year.