Hilda L. Solis Scholarship
The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship is named in honor of Cal Poly Pomona Alumna, Hilda L. Solis, who is the first Latina to serve as a United States Cabinet member. The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship recognizes high achieving students who help make a difference in the lives of others. Often, they are the first in their families to go to college, and have financial needs. Nevertheless, they manage to succeed academically, while finding significant ways to give back to their community. This scholarship is supported by the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association to recognize and to support Cal Poly Pomona’s growing Chicano/Latino student population.
Selection criteria to award for Fall 2018-2019:
- Must be related to a family member whose received or is one semester/quarter away from obtaining a college degree from any of the 23 CSU campuses.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores and juniors (this includes first-time freshman/transfers)
- Open to all majors
- Must be a full time student in 2017-18, 2018-2019
- Maintain minimum GPA of 3.0 in 2017-18, 2018-2019
- Demonstrate financial need (must complete the FAFSA in order to determine need)
- California resident (US Citizenship and/or Legal Residency is NOT require)
- Answer and provide all supplemental questions after completing your general application
- Submit a one-page statement outlining your educational major, educational goals and how this scholarship will assist your educational achievements.