CLASS - Political Sci - John Esterline Scholarship in Political Science
The Esterline Scholarship will be awarded to a student who is majoring in political science at Cal Poly Pomona and demonstrates an interest in international affairs. The scholarship is given in tribute to Dr. Esterline who, after a distinguished career in diplomacy for the United States, served as chair and then as a regular member of the Department of Political Science at Cal Poly Pomona until his death in 1996. The scholarship is awarded from an endowment fund at Cal Poly Pomona established through the generous contributions of the family, friends, and colleagues of Professor John H. Esterline.
- Must be a Political Science Major
- Open to current students only
- Must be enrolled full-time during awarding period (enrollment must be established before the start of the awarding term)
- Must have a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.2
- Must demonstrate interest in international affairs in the general application essay
- International students may apply
Preference will be given to students who were not given a department scholarship in previous years.
10/23/23 UPDATE: New essay required. Must submit a short essay that demonstrates an interest in international affairs in addition to the general application (approximately 250 words).