Alumni Association - Hilda L. Solis Scholarship (Latin Alumni Network, Alumni Association)
The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship is named in honor of Cal Poly Pomona Alumna, Hilda L. Solis, who is the first Latina to serve as a United States Cabinet member. The Hilda L. Solis Scholarship recognizes high-achieving students who help make a difference in the lives of others. Often, they are the first in their families to go to college and have financial needs. Nevertheless, they manage to succeed academically, while finding significant ways to give back to their community.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores and juniors (first-time freshmen and first-time transfers admitted in spring 2024 or fall 2024 are eligible to apply)
- Open to all majors
- Must be a full time student during the application and awarding period (12+ units for undergrad or 6+ units for grad)
- Maintain minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 during the application and awarding period
- Demonstrate financial need (must complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application in order to determine need)
- Be a California resident
- Must include and briefly explain your contributions to the Latinx community and how you will continue to contribute to the Latinx community in general scholarship application essay prompt. (Updates to essay prompt are permitted, but the update must be completed by the published deadline. No exceptions will be made).* If there are any difficulties updating the general scholarship application essay, please email the updated essay for Hilda L. Solis Scholarship to Samantha Chow or Andrea DeCoudres at firstname.lastname@example.org, at the Alumni Relations Office: email@example.com
Should you have any cquestions, please contact Samantha Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of Alumni and External Relations, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, from Oct 1st 2023 to March 2nd 2024.