Alumni Association - Dr. Ernie Simpson's Cooperative Ed. Scholarship
Chartered in 1972, the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association supports student success by awarding multiple scholarships to current students. The Dr. Ernie Simpson’s Cooperative Education Scholarship is open to any student(s) employed in a field that is significantly related to their major and any student(s) that did not participate in a co-op or internship position while attending Cal Poly Pomona. Preference may be given to those students who have an immediate family member who has participated in Dr. Simpson’s co-op program.
- Open to all majors
- Open to freshman and sophomore only (open to first-time freshmen admitted and first-time transfers admitted in spring 2024 or fall 2024)
- Maintain minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 during the application and awarding period
- Must be a full-time student during application and awarding period (12+ units for undergrad or 6+ units for grad)
- One Letter of Recommendation OPTIONAL (Please ask recommenders to email email@example.com if they are experiencing difficulty uploading their letter on-line)
- Answer all supplemental questions after completing your general application
Awards each year are based on the student’s general application and supplemental responses consisting of academic and co-curricular excellence, letters of recommendation and essay content.
Note: When applying to multiple Alumni Scholarships, you may use the same Letter of Recommendation, even if the recommender is the same person. However, you are required to submit the letter for each opportunity as they are separate.
Should you have any questions, please contact Samantha Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of Alumni and External Relations, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, from Oct 1st 2023 to March 2nd 2024.