FA&S - CSU Systemwide - Robert D. & Dorothy W. Talty Endowed Scholarship
In 2012, the Robert and Dorothy Family Trust established an endowment to provide funds for scholarships for CSU students majoring in engineering, physics, chemistry, biology and computer sciences.
Robert D. Talty graduated from the University of Kansas and went on to earn his Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Delaware and his MBA from Southern Illinois University. He worked at T-Pack, the Department of Agriculture, and Heat Transfer Research, Inc. as president, helping to establish its global presence while fostering international marketing efforts and long-range strategic planning.
• One (1) $7,000 scholarship will be awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Award Period: 2023-2024
• Be in good academic standing.
• Be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent undergraduate or graduate student majoring in engineering, physics, chemistry, biology or computer sciences at a CSU campus.
• Remain a CSU full-time equivalent student during the academic year.
Personal Statement (300 word count for each):
1. What experience has impacted your personal growth?
2. Tell us about a time you failed. What did you learn from that experience?
3. Why are you pursuing your major? How does it relate to your career aspirations?
4. Provide an example of service beyond the classroom (i.e., have you taken on significant family obligations, helped others in a specific way, been involved in political action, worked/volunteered/interned at a particular organization, etc.).
Why is this example significant to you?
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret nomination emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete the General Application first, then proceed to the CSU Systemwide application to complete the personal statement.
- CSU Foundation, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships