FA&S - CSU Systemwide - Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship for Visually Impaired Students (Spring Application)
The Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship for Visually Impaired Students was established in 1991 by Mr. Schoettler, who was a successful businessman from Mountain View, California and blind the last eight years of his life.
Forty-four (44) scholarships of $10,000 each will be awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Award Period: 2022-2023
- Open to current undergraduate and graduate students
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Must maintain minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale during the academic year in which the award is received
- Must be currently enrolled in 6.1 units or more as a CSU undergraduate or graduate student in any major field and must remain enrolled in 6.1 units or more during the academic year in which the award is received
- Have a visual disability and provide verification from a medical health professional, which includes the best corrected visual acuity notations. (Please note that the disability must be such that it impedes the educational process and necessitates accommodations, support services, or programs.)
Personal Statement (300 word max count for each):
1. What experience has impacted your personal growth?
2. Tell us about a time you failed. What did you learn from that experience?
3. Why are you pursuing your major? How does it relate to your career aspirations?
4. Provide an example of service beyond the classroom (i.e., have you taken on significant family obligations, helped others in a specific way, been involved in political action, worked/volunteered/interned at a particular organization, etc.).
Why is this example significant to you?
- Complete Medical health professional’s verification of visual disability, which includes the best corrected visual acuity notations using the “Confirmation of Visual Disability” form
- Complete Applicant Information Form
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret nomination emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete the General Application first, then proceed to the CSU Systemwide application to complete the personal statement.
- CSU Foundation, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- I understand this scholarship states applicants must have a visual disability and provide verification from a medical health professional, which includes the best corrected visual acuity notations. (Please note that the disability must be such that it impedes the educational process and necessitates accommodations, support services, or programs.)
- You must submit Confirmation of Visual Disability Form (instructions listed below)