Alumni Association - Pace Setters Scholarship
As the official organization for retired faculty and staff of Cal Poly Pomona, including the Foundation, and ASI, Pace Setters was founded by President Hugh O. La Bounty. The first Pace Setters president was Professor Emeritus C. Edwin Harwood, who retired in 1980 from the English & Foreign Languages Department. In May 1981, the first Pace Setters luncheon was held as a “reunion” of retired faculty and staff, with nearly 50 retirees in attendance. Today, there are more than 1,000 retired faculty and staff from Cal Poly Pomona and more than 150 of them are dues-paying members of Pace Setters. Since its inception, Pace Setters strives to develop programs and activities for the benefit of its members, including promoting fellowship, engaging in university activities, supporting student scholarships, and other mutually beneficial relationships between all campus entities. Pace Setters appreciates students who show that Cal Poly Pomona spirit by providing leadership and being actively involved in campus activities.
Award Period: Fall 2023
- Open to sophomores and juniors (first-time transfers admitted for fall 2022 or spring 2023 are eligible to apply)
- Open to all majors
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Students must be enrolled full-time for 2023-2024 at Cal Poly Pomona
- Students must be currently enrolled full-time
- Must include and briefly explain campus volunteer involvement and responsibilities in general scholarship application essay prompt. (Updates to essay prompt are permitted, but the update must be completed by the published deadline. No exceptions will be made). If there are any difficulties updating the general scholarship application essay, please email the updated essay for Pace Setters Scholarship to Samantha Chow at the Alumni Relations Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be a California Resident
- Current Juniors that will be seniors next year can apply.
Should you have any questions, please contact Samantha Chow at email@example.com in the Office of Alumni and External Relations, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, from Oct 3rd 2022 to March 1st 2023.
- 2023-2024, Alumni Assoc.