CBA - MHR - Eileen Inay Simon Memorial Scholarship
The Eileen Inay Simon Memorial Scholarship is need-based scholarship for undergraduates majoring in Management and Human Resources at Cal Poly Pomona. Up to five (5) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible students are identified through the application process.
Eileen Inay Simon was a proud graduate of the College of Business Administration with a bachelor’s degree in Management and Human Resources. She retired as the Senior Vice President in Human Resources from Bank of America and later joined the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim where she served as the Director of Human Resources. Eileen is best known for two incredible characteristics: 1) generosity and 2) dedication to her career. Eileen was extremely generous to her family, friends and those in need. In addition, Eileen truly loved and considered her professional colleagues as her family. As one of Eileen’s colleagues put it so eloquently, “Eileen put the human back in human resources.” Eileen believed in education as a major element of social mobility and was an active member of the Cal Poly Pomona College of Business Alumni Association.
Candidates for the Eileen Inay Simon Memorial Scholarship must complete the general scholarship application on the Bronco Scholarship Portal.
This scholarship is renewable on an annual basis through the application process for up to three (3) academic years based on the maintenance of eligibility.
Award Period: 2023-2024
- Current juniors or seniors in good standing
- Declared major in Business Administration with Management and Human Resources option
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application corresponding to the award period
- Must be enrolled half-time (6 or more units) during the award period
- Must complete supplemental requirements: A personal essay outlining the students desire to pursue a career in Human Resources. They will also be required to demonstrate financial need and include how they will be impacted by this scholarship.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Kat Pettengill within the College of Business at email@example.com.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY.