HEERF III Emergency Grant Request
Application period: October 18, 2021 – December 17, 2021
Minimum eligibility criteria for students to apply:
- Must be a degree or credential seeking student
- Must be enrolled during Fall 2021 in at least one unit
- Have expenses related to the pandemic such as medical, and technology expenses, unexpected childcare, course materials, and other unexpected expenses included in the student’s cost of college attendance.
- Have demonstrated need, as determined by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or CADAA (California Dream Act Application) or through use of an EFC Estimator prior to starting this request..
You will need the following to support your application:
- Written explanation of the financial expenses incurred and/or the unexpected financial impact the pandemic has had. When possible, upload supporting documentation.
- Provide the dollar amount of your request, grants can range between $500 and $3000
- Demonstrate need with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC): File the 2021-2022 FAFSA or CADAA if you are able. The EFC will be available to the financial aid office OR Complete the EFC Estimator prior to starting this request.
EFC Estimator Instructions:
From the BigFuture.CollegeBoard.org website you can start your calculator from this menu path: Home/ Pay for College/ Paying Your Share/ Expected Family Contribution Calculator
1. On the Welcome page you will see the title EFC Calculator and a progress meter bar with Status, Formula, Family Info, Student Info, Finances and Results. The tool will present questions in each section for you to complete.
2. After reading the Welcome page select the Start button at the bottom to begin.
3. You will need to answer the questions presented in each of the subsequent sections, using the ‘Next’ button at the bottom of the page to move to the next step.
a. Status: Answer questions as to your dependent or independent status
b. Formula: Select Federal Methodology (FM)
c. Family Information: Select responses to family size and student’s home state/province
d. Student Information: Select and enter responses about student’s age and family members
e. Finances: You will need to enter information about student/family’s 2019 income, allowances and assets. When done, select the ‘See Results’ button at the bottom.
f. Results: Results will be displayed. Print/Save as pdf or screen capture so you can access it later.
4. You may save your entries to return later by selecting the ‘Save Info’ link at the bottom of any page. You will be asked to ‘Log In’ or to ‘Sign Up’ by creating a username and password.
5. In the final step, Results, you will be presented with the calculated EFC. Be sure to save a copy as you will be asked to upload this as part of the HEERF III Grant request.
For questions regarding HEERF III (ARP) call 909-869-3800 or email@example.com. You may also click here for additional information.