College of Science - CS - Dr. Debra A. Brum Scholarship
Award Period: 2022-2023
During the course of her 27 years at Cal Poly Pomona, Dr. Debra A. Brum had a significant impact on students, faculty, and staff at Cal Poly Pomona through her service to the University as lecturer, Professor and Chair in the Department of Computer Science, Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies and Vice President of Instructional and Information Technology. Instrumental in implementing learning-centered initiatives, encouraging the use of technology in classrooms, and installing technology-based infrastructure across the campus, her legacy is both broad and deep. Her family and friends have chosen to establish a scholarship in her name as a way of recognizing her significant role in mentoring many individuals, but particularly women, in the area of computer science and technology. We encourage all students, including first-generation, diverse, low-income, and underrepresented students to apply.
Purpose: To provide scholarship assistance to computer science undergraduate students based on academic achievement, university involvement and a calculated financial need.
Amount: One scholarship in the amount of $2,000
- Current Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors (first-time freshmen and transfers admitted in fall 2021 are eligible to apply)
- Must be Undergraduate Computer Science (CS) major
- Must be full-time at the time of disbursement
- Cumulative GPA AND Major GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0
- Good academic standing with the university
- Membership and active participation in one or more campus organizations such as the Computer Science Society. The organization need not be science-oriented, but must be secular and non-partisan.
- Demonstrate financial need (Based on 2021-2022 FAFSA/ California Dream Act Application)
- No letter of recommendation required
- Answer and provide all supplemental questions after completing your general application
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Fang Tang, Chair & Professor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first then proceed to search this scholarship in the ’Opportunities’>>’Recommended’ Tab and click on APPLY