Alumni Association - Dr. Ernie Simpson's Cooperative Ed. Scholarship
Chartered in 1972, the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association supports student success by awarding multiple scholarships to current students. The Dr. Ernie Simpson’s Cooperative Education Scholarship is open to any student(s) employed in a field that is significantly related to their major and any student(s) that did not participate in a co-op or internship position while attending Cal Poly Pomona. Preference may be given to those students who have an immediate family member who has participated in Dr. Simpson’s co-op program.
Award Period: Fall 2022
- Open to all majors
- Open to Freshman and Sophomore only – Open to First-time Freshmen admitted and first-time transfers admitted in fall 2021 or spring 2022
- Maintain minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
- Must be a full-time student in 2021-22 and 2022-2023
- One Letter of Recommendation OPTIONAL (Please ask recommenders to email firstname.lastname@example.org if they are experiencing difficulty uploading their letter on-line)
- Answer all supplemental questions after completing your general application
Awards each year are based on the student’s general application and supplemental responses consisting of academic and co-curricular excellence, letters of recommendation and essay content.
Please note: When applying to multiple Alumni Scholarships, you may use the same Letter of Recommendation, even if the recommender is the same person. However, you are required to submit the letter for each opportunity as they are separate.
Should you have any questions, please contact Samantha Chow at email@example.com, in the Office of Alumni and External Relations, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, from Oct 1st 2021 to March 1st 2022.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first then proceed to search this scholarship in the ’Opportunities’>>’Recommended’ Tab and click on APPLY