FA&S - CSU Foundation - Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship
The Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship for Visually Impaired Students was established in 1991 by Mr. Schoettler, who was a successful businessman from Mountain View, California and blind the last eight years of his life.
Award Period: 2021-2022
- Open to current undergraduate and graduate students
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Must maintain minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale during the academic year in which the award is received
- Must be currently enrolled in 6.1 units or more as a CSU undergraduate or graduate student in any major field and must remain enrolled in 6.1 units or more during the academic year in which the award is received
- Have a visual disability and provide verification from a medical health professional, which includes the best corrected visual acuity notations. (Please note that the disability must be such that it impedes the educational process and necessitates accommodations, support services, or programs.)
- Upload a personal statement describing your background, personal achievements, challenges you have encountered, educational pursuits and goals and aspirations for the future
- Complete Medical health professional’s verification of visual disability, which includes the best corrected visual acuity notations using the “Confirmation of Visual Disability” form
- Complete Applicant Information Form
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY.