CLASS - EML - The Shana Y. Wang Scholarship
The Shana Y. Wang Scholarship is made possible by the generous support of Lucy and Carl Wang, to honor the memory of their daughter, Shana Y. Wang (b. December 3, 1997-d. January 26, 2018). Shana was a Cal Poly Pomona student and an English major with an emphasis in Education, at the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, and had plans to earn her teaching credentials. Her dream was to become a teacher of young children, and she had a passion for community involvement with charitable organizations. She was committed to helping others in need and was outgoing, kind, and generous.
The Shana Y. Wang Scholarship provides unrestricted scholarship support to an English and Modern Language Department student who is an English Major or enrolled in the Master of Arts in English Program and has demonstrated a strong level of academic achievement and plans towards entering the teaching field in K-12 or higher education.
One applicant will be selected for the 2020-2021 academic year AND One applicant will be selected for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Open to current Undergraduate, Postbaccalaureate, and Graduate students
- An English major or enrolled in the Master of Arts in English Program
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Community involvement preferred
- Preference is also given to those with the intention to pursue their teaching credentials at Cal Poly Pomona’s College of Education and Integrative studies
For questions, please contact Dr. Alison Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.