EOP - Erica Lara Family Scholarship
The Lara Family Scholarship was established by EOP alum Erica Lara to support individuals who are first-generation, underrepresented, and of limited financial means. This scholarship is his way of honoring the Educational Opportunity Program and the staff as well as assisting new generations of EOP students. The Lara Family Scholarship will benefit an EOP student with a preference for those who are from La Puente, where Lara grew up.
This opportunity is open for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- One $500 scholarship will be awarded
- Must be an EOP student to be eligible for consideration/to apply
- Open to all undergraduate EOP students (freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior)
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Good Academic Standing
- Must be enrolled full-time at the time of disbursement (this will be verified prior to releasing disbursement of funds in the fall of 2021 and spring of 2022)
- Must submit a 500-word essay addressing your experience with EOP and its services and how do you intend to build upon the EOP legacy?
- Preference will be given to students from the city of La Puente
Note: Donor/s may request to meet with you in person any time during the review process and/or after you have been selected as a scholarship recipient.
If you have any questions, please contact Mireya Martinez, EOP Academic Advisor at email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the Opportunities>>Recommended Tab and click on APPLY