CLASS - Com - Frank A. Tennant Endowed Scholarship
A $6,250 per year scholarship, awarded to two freshman, two sophomores, and two juniors (seniors are not eligible to apply).
For freshman recipients, they will receive a total of $18,750 over their sophomore, junior, and senior years. For sophomore recipients, they will receive a total of $12,500 over their junior and senior years. For junior recipients, they will receive a total of $6,250 during senior year.
The scholarship will be disbursed to recipients in two installments of $3,125 per semester (total of $6,250 per academic year while the student is either a sophomore, junior, or senior).
Scholarship recipients must maintain an overall GPA of 3.25, meet with their academic adviser each semester, and maintain membership in at least one the following professional organizations: the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ); The Poly Post (newspaper); or the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
To be considered for 2021-2022, applicant(s) must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a declared Communication major, either journalism or public relations track, at the freshman, sophomore, or junior level.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Answer all supplemental questions after completing your general questions.
- Demonstration of academic merit and financial need (submit 2021-2022 FAFSA/Dream Act Application for demonstrated need)
- Submit letters of recommendation
- Answer all supplemental questions after completing your general question
Should you have any questions, please contact Mark Generous at email@example.com in the Communication Department.
Selection Process: Awards each year are based on the student’s general application and supplemental responses. The Scholarship Committee of the Department of Communication will decide the recipients. Note – finalists may be interviewed by the Communication Department’s Student Scholarship Committee.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the Opportunities>>Recommended Tab and click on APPLY