FA&S- CSU Foundation- Richard K. Leffingwell Scholarship
After graduating with a bachelor’s of science degree from CSU Northridge, and serving as an officer in the US Army, Richard Leffingwell joined the CSU’s Chancellor’s Office as a member of the trustees’ audit staff. He directed the CSU’s self-supporting financing activities, and later became the Director of Financing and Treasury. Richard worked with trustees, campuses, and the municipal financing community to establish viable systems for financing non-state projects at the 23 CSU campuses before retiring in 2004. This scholarship reflects his admiration for the university’s commitment to provide opportunities to foster the next generation of students who wish to be instrumental in serving the public.
Award Period: 2021-2022:
- Be a upper division or graduate student. (Students who are current sophomores, but will have junior standing by the beginning of fall 2021 are eligible to apply)
- Have a course of study within the fields of business, economics or other disciplines that will serve the applicant in achieving goals relating to nonprofit or public service
- Have demonstrated an interest in and aspire to a career in nonprofit or public service
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the campus Financial Aid office
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent upper division or graduate student at a California State University campus and must remain a full-time equivalent student during the scholarship period
- A personal statement that includes 1) motivations and goals for a career in nonprofit or public service, 2) experience or involvement to date in nonprofit or public service activities, and 3) how they envisions their course of study and anticipated career facilitating their goals with nonprofit or public service communities
- Unofficial transcripts
- Complete Applicant Information Form
- All students meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply. A student who is a military veteran, meets the criteria, and is otherwise equal to others in qualifications, will receive favorable consideration
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY.