FA&S- CSU Foundation- Hampton Scholars Scholarship
Dr. Claudia H. Hampton was the first African American trustee of the California State University. She was on the board for 20 years from 1974 to 1994; serving as chair for three of those years from 1979 to 1981. She was a teacher and administrator in the Los Angeles Unified School District for 25 years, retiring in 1981 as director of the district’s Human and School-Community Relations Resource Office.
The Hampton Scholars Scholarship was funded in her honor to recognize students who excel academically and exemplify Dr. Hampton’s dedication.
Award Period: 2021-2022
- Be a graduate of the California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CAMS).
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Remain a California State University full-time equivalent student during the scholarship period.
- Submit a brief personal statement describing each of the following:
2. Personal achievements
3. Challenges you have encountered
4. Educational pursuits
5. Aspirations for the future
- Submit unofficial transcript
- Complete Applicant Information Form
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed
For questions regarding this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY