CLASS - Music - Clarke Memorial Scholarship
The Clarke Memorial Piano Scholarship is in memory of Phillip Clarke, who served for many years within the Music Department as our beloved piano professor. This scholarship is intended to support a new or continuing student in Piano studio.
Award Period: 2021-2022
To be selected for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Class level must be a: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduates (first-time freshman and transfer are encouraged to apply)
- Open to all music majors who enrolled in either music studio or piano performance seminar
- No minimum GPA is required
- Must be enrolled full-time during the entire awarding period of 2021-2022
- Submit a 200-word essay demonstrating your service or excellence in piano performance
Selection will be determined based on project submission (if applicable), the supplemental questions and completion of the general application. Eligible winner(s) will be notified via email
Annual scholarship project presentations must be submitted to the chair of the music department by the application deadline. Projects must be presented in the completed form. Where applicable, they must be typed and presented as a portfolio. There should be a minimum 2-page typed statement of the contents and summary of the project, with the project attached. (Provide documentation of sources used.) Projects may include the following: composition, sequence, computer program, computer-generated presentation, curriculum for home-based teaching studio, curriculum for a level-specified class, research paper, final projects completed for courses previously taken, among others
For any questions, please contact Dr. Nadia Shpachenko at firstname.lastname@example.org.