FA&S- CSU Foundation- Howard C. Christiansen Endowed Scholarship
The Howard C. Christiansen Trust established an endowed scholarship in 2016 for students pursuing a bachelors or graduate degree in the study of engineering. Scholarship nominees for the CSU Trustees’ Award will be reviewed first. If there are not enough applicants nominated who are in an engineering field, then the scholarship may be awarded to a second pool of engineering applicants outside the CSU Trustees’ Award.
Award Period 2021-2022:
- Demonstrate superior academic performance with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent undergraduate or graduate student in any engineering major field at CPP and remain a CPP full-time equivalent student during the academic year
- Submit a brief personal statement describing each of the following:
2. Challenges you have encountered
3. Personal achievements
4. Educational pursuits
5. Community service, reflecting a commitment to education and to the community
6. Goals and aspirations for the future
- Current Official College Transcript- including all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed
- Two letters of recommendation are required from individuals, such as teachers/professors, counselors, or community leaders, who can attest to the student’s meritorious performance and personal strengths and asses the student’s potential for success. One of the letters must be from an academic instructor.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact email@example.com
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed .If selected as a nominee for this scholarship, the recipient will be required to submit supplemental materials as requested.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY.