FA&S- CSU Foundation - Trustees' Award for Outstanding Achievement
The William Randolph Hearst Foundation established an endowed scholarship fund in 1984 to honor William Randolph Hearst, founder of the Hearst newspaper chain. In 1999, the William Randolph Hearst Foundation partnered with the CSU Board of Trustees to create the CSU Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement. Contributions from CSU Trustees and private donors increase the value and number of available awards. Special named scholarships will be awarded by the selection committee based on criteria such as studying in the STEM or education fields, veterans, and exemplary community service.
The awards recognize students who have overcome adversity, demonstrated financial need, and have attributes of merit including superior academic performance, significant personal achievements, and exemplary community service. The recipient who receives the highest score by the CSU Foundation scholarship selection committee is designated the Trustee Emeritus Ali C. Razi Scholar and will receive a $15,000 scholarship. Also distributed will be the Reed Scholarship ($10,000), the Hampton Scholarship ($9,000), and the Galinson Scholarship ($8,000).
The awards recognize students who have overcome adversity, demonstrated financial need, and have attributes of merit including superior academic performance, significant personal achievements, and exemplary community service.
Award Period: 2021-2022
- Open to current undergraduate and graduate students
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent undergraduate or graduate student in any major field
- Must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or greater
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by Financial Aid Office
- Submit a brief personal statement describing each of the following:
2. Challenges you have encountered
3. Personal achievements
4. Educational pursuits
5. Community service, reflecting a commitment to education and to the community
6. Goals and aspirations for the future
- Must submit two letters of reference from individuals, such as teachers/professors, counselors, or community leaders, who can attest to the candidate’s meritorious performance and personal strengths and assess the candidate’s potential for success. One of the letters of reference must be from an academic instructor Please include reference name and e-mail in general application
- Upload current official transcript
- Complete Applicant Information Form
This scholarship opportunity involves a nomination process. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will forward application packets for nominees to the CSU Foundation. The CSU Foundation will make the final determination regarding chosen recipients. Congratulatory or regret emails will be forwarded to applicants via CPP email once the review and scoring process is completed . If nominated you will be required to submit additional supplemental materials. The Office of Fianncial AId and Scholarships will provide additional details regarding supplemental materials. Submission of these materials is mandatory
For questions regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities >> Ours” tab and click on APPLY