President's Scholars Scholarship for Disability Resource Center Students
As part of the prestigious President’s Scholars Scholarship award series, The President’s Scholars Scholarship for Disability Resource Center is dedicated to recognizing student achievement and perseverance.
The President’s Scholars Scholarship for Disability Resource Center honors former Cal Poly Pomona, Mechanical Engineering student Jasen Strand. Jasen was quadriplegic due to Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy. Because of his passion and unrelenting quest for learning, Jasen overcame these challenges and became a bright, energetic scholar, excelling in his academic endeavors.
Awards each year are based on applicant academic excellence and strength of application essay. Recipient will be recognized by the University President at a special presentation in the fall.
The scholarship will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Criteria for Disability Resource Center Students:
- Must be registered with the Disability Resource Center
- Cumulative GPA or CPP GPA must be greater than or equal to 2.9 (at the time of applying and awarding)
- Must be enrolled full-time (both semesters) in the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year
- Units taking in current semester should be greater than or equal to 6.1
- Must have completed at least 12 units at Cal Poly Pomona
- Individual may only receive this scholarship once. This is a non-renewable scholarship.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, and then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities” tab.
If you have any questions, please contact Paula Sosta at email@example.com in the Disability Resource Center.