Mathematics & Statistics Scholarships
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics Scholarship Program is designed to provide encouragement and public recognition to students who have demonstrated academic excellence. The program is supported by generous contributions from individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations. The awards range from $500 to $2,000 per year and are available for both undergraduate and graduate students for the entire academic year. The awardees for the 2020-2021 academic year will be announced in Spring semester 2020.
The primary criterion for awards from the Department of Mathematics and Statistic Scholarship Program is outstanding scholarship by our majors. Restrictions apply to some awards, such as major track. Your accurate completion of the scholarship application additional questions will ensure you are considered for every scholarship for which you qualify.
Note: BY COMPLETING THIS ONE APPLICATION YOU MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR MULTIPLE SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS.
• Most, but not all, scholarships require full-time enrollment for the 2020-2021 academic year.
• Open to all undergraduate and graduate students. Students must have been in a Cal Poly Pomona Mathematics/Statistics degree program for at least one year prior to the 2020-2021 academic year. Incoming freshmen who were just admitted to the university Fall 2020 will not be considered. Transfer students and freshmen who were admitted to the university Fall 2019 and are continuing students are eligible.
• Minimum cumulative GPA is 2.5. (Some scholarships may require a higher GPA.)
• No U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
• International Students may apply.
• Two letters of recommendation are required.
For additional information on all the scholarships available, please visit the department website: https://www.cpp.edu/~sci/mathematics-statistics/scholarship-opportunities/index.shtml