ENV - Landscape Architecture - Takeo Uesugi Scholars Endowment
This scholarship is provided to fund first or second year undergraduate Landscape Architecture students. Named in honor of emeritus faculty member Dr. Takeo Uesugi, the award is intended to support young designers and provide funds to broaden the applicant’s exposure to the discipline of Landscape Architecture. Dr. Uesugi was a Landscape Architect with a deep expertise in Japanese garden design and has always maintained a professional practice while teaching design studios and landscape history courses within the department.
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Full-time 1st or 2nd year undergraduate student
- Department GPA should be 3.0 or better
Specific Application Requirements:
- Completed application
- Letter of intent specifically addressing the applicant’s educational goals, future directions and specific intentions for the funds
- A4 Size digital portfolio:
– Maximum of 8 page spreads of A4 size (16 total pages)
– Portfolio projects that support application and applicant’s design capabilities
- NO letters of recommendation are required
Post-award requirements include:
*A thank-you letter to the donor
*A public presentation of work/ideas supported by the funds
*A hard copy of portfolio and all required documents including a thank you letter to department office
If you have any questions please contact Andrew Wilcox, Department Chair at email@example.com or Mr. Kris Penrose, Department Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities>>Recommended” Tab and click on APPLY.