BFSA - African-American Student Center Scholarship
The BFSA – African-American Student Center Scholarship is open to incoming freshmen, incoming transfer students, continuing Cal Poly Pomona students and Graduate students
This opportunity is for the 2020-2021 academic year
- All majors are eligible to apply
- Open to incoming freshmen, transfer students, or continuing cal poly students.
- Incoming freshmen must have a GPA of 3.00 or greater
- Transfer students must have a GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Graduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Continuing CPP students must have a GPA of 2.50 or greater
- No U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
- Two letters of recommendation are required
- Response to essay question
- $300 award
- Supplemental Questions
- Select a Black-identified leader who has made contributions towards the advancement of African/Black people in the diaspora. Please provide three reasons why you selected this leader, explain why their influence was/is so impactful, and discuss how you plan on making an impact with the Cal Poly Pomona Community.
- In my general application I have requested and received two letters of recommendation of which at least one is from an instructor.