President's Scholars Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
Considered the most prestigious scholarship series at the university, the President’s Scholars Scholarship awards were established in 1983 through the generosity of individual donors who are dedicated to recognizing student achievement and perseverance. Awards each year are based on applicant academic and co-curricular excellence as well as personal interviews, letters of recommendation and strength of application essay. Each of the endowed scholarships is named by its benefactor.
The President’s Scholars scholarships are awarded each year to undergraduate and credential students from each of the University’s eight academic colleges. Recipients are recognized annually by the University President at a special presentation in the fall.
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Criteria for Undergraduate Students:
MUST be enrolled full-time (both semesters) in the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year
- Must be a junior or a senior during the 2020-2021 academic year (Students who are current sophomores, but will have junior standing by the beginning of fall 2020 are eligible to apply.)
- Cumulative GPA or CPP GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.5 (at the time of applying and awarding)
- Units taken in current semester should be greater than or equal to 6.1
- Must have completed at least 12 units at Cal Poly Pomona
(If your first semester was Fall 2019 and you completed at least 12 units, then you qualify to apply. If you are new to CPP as of Spring 2020, unfortunately you do not qualify, however, please consider applying next year.)
- Individual may only receive this scholarship once. This is a non-renewable scholarship.
Finalists will be e-mailed in late April to schedule an in-person interview with the scholarship committee.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities" >> "Ours” tab and click on APPLY.