ENV- Landscape Architecture-Grisol Lupita Ramirez Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the family and classmates of Grisol Lupita Ramirez, a beloved and distinguished member of BSLA Class of 2018, who was taken from the Cal Poly Pomona and broader design community too soon in a car accident on the night of January 5th, 2019. The intent of this award is to keep the memory and spirit of Grisol Lupita Ramirez alive – “My dreams don’t have borders, only spaces to design.” Applicants should reflect the qualities and characteristics with which Grisol sincerely identified – first-generation college students, demonstrating determined improvement throughout their first 3-years in college, and consistently striving to build a better future for their family.
This scholarship is for the 2019-2020 academic year.
• Must demonstrate financial need (2019-2020 Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) required)
• First-generation college student
• Full-time 3rd-year BSLA student
• Department GPA of 2.5 or better
Specific Application Requirements:
• Complete BSA application
• Letter of intent specifically addressing the applicant’s educational goals, future directions, and specific intentions for the funds
• A4 size digital portfolio demonstrating improvement over the first three years in the BSLA program:
- Maximum of 8-page-spreads of A4 size (16 total pages)
- Portfolio must show improvement throughout the three years in the program
• One brief letter of recommendation is required; letter should be from the applicant’s instructors from 1 of 3 courses which were Grisol’s favorite.
- Plant ID/Design
- Studio Design
Post-award requirements include:
*A thank-you letter to Grisol’s family, and public presentation
*A hard copy of portfolios and all required documents including a thank you letter to department office
This scholarship is administered by the department with input from Grisol’s family and friends
For questions regarding this opportunity please contact Nermeen Abdoudawood (naboudawood@SAWGroup.com)