Engineering - CE - James Gates Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship is offering awards to undergraduate students whose a Civil Engineering major and have completed at least 30 or more CE program units.
Award Period: Fall 2020
- Open to all class level: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior
- Student must be first generation
- Must be major in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum major and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA for 2020-2021
- Submit a one-page essay describing your entrepreneurial activities, experiences or plans in civil engineering
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 or more units) for the fall and spring semester of 2020-2021 AY
- California residency required.
Scholarship disbursement is contingent upon completion of the following: (a) Write and submit a formal ‘Thank You’ letter (via upload to Academic Works); and (b) Participate in the “College of Engineering Scholarship Conferral Luncheon,” May 14, 2020; 11:30AM–1:00PM; Ursa Minor (held on Thursday, students are expected to participate at minimum, 12:00PM–1:00PM).
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first then proceed to search this scholarship in the tab under “Opportunities>>Ours” and click on APPLY next to selected scholarship
Selection will be based on students’ entrepreneurial POTENTIAL, essay, and financial need