Engineering - ME - Terry and Corola Slawson Scholarship
The Terry & Corola Slawson Scholarship was established to support undergraduate students majoring in mechanical engineering who have demonstrated scholarly merit and financial need.
Recipient must possess good characteristics, dedication, be hard-working, honorable, helpful, respectful and whose character will reflect on Cal Poly Pomona.
Award Period: Fall 2020
- Open to all class levels: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior (first-time freshman and transfer are encouraged to apply)
- Must be majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the entire awarding period
- Submit ONE letter of recommendation in your general application
Selected applications will be auto-matched based on their completed general application. Eligible winner(s) will be notified via email.
Scholarship disbursement is contingent upon completion of the following: (a) Write and submit a formal ‘Thank You’ letter (via upload to Academic Works); and (b) Participate in the “College of Engineering Scholarship Conferral Luncheon,” May 14, 2020; 11:30AM–1:00PM; Ursa Minor (held on Thursday, students are expected to participate at minimum, 12:00PM–1:00PM).