ENV - Landscape Architecture - Ruth Shellhorn Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is provided to fund one or more landscape architecture students who are in the senior year of the Bachelor’s program or completing their Master’s culminating experience (project or thesis) who have shown dedication to landscape architecture and an appreciation for plant material as an integral part of design.
Preference will be given to students in need of financial assistance in order to finish their education. The amounts of the scholarship shall be determined by the faculty and in consideration of the greatest need, to a maximum of $5,000.00 annually.
This scholarship is established in memory of Ruth Shellhorn, the first professionally-trained woman landscape architect of the Southern California Chapter of ASLA and one of the first female Fellows of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
This scholarship is administered jointly by the department and the Landscape Architecture Foundation.
Scholarship will be awarded for 2019-2020 academic year.
- Full-time Landscape Architecture student, senior undergraduate or third-year graduate student
- Major GPA should be 3.0 or better
- Demonstrated financial need (2019-2020 Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) required)
Specific Application Requirements:
- Completed application
- Letter of intent specifically describing dedication to leadership within the discipline of Landscape Architecture and personal philosophy towards plant materials and design
- Current resume
- A4 Size digital portfolio:
– Maximum of 8 page spreads of A4 size (16 pages total)
– Portfolio projects that support application
- NO letters of recommendation are required
Post-award requirements include:
*A thank-you letter
*A hard copy of portfolios and all required documents including a thank you letter to department office
If you have any questions please contact Andrew Wilcox, Department Chair at email@example.com or Mr. Kris Penrose, Department Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin the application process, please complete your general application first, then proceed to search this scholarship in the “Opportunities>>Recommended” Tab and click on APPLY.