Ag - Vet Sci - Audrie King Memorial Scholarship
Criteria for Spring 2020:
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors (first-time current transfers are eligible to apply) (preference given to graduate students)
- Must be majoring in Animal Science in the Animal & Veterinary Sciences Department
- Applicant must be a full time student for 2019-2020
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated record of participation in:
- AVS students club activities
- Membership in professional student organizations
- Community Service- especially animal shelters and humane societies
- Preference will also be given to applicants that can demonstrate previous livestock experience: e.g. Swine Unit, Sheep Unit, Beef Unit, Horse Unit, Petting Farm, or Meat Lab.
- Student must submit answers to 3 questions in order to qualify.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact Dr. Shelton Murinda within the College of Agriculture at email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- In no more than 250 words describe your previous livestock experience in production activities, livestock judging experience, FFA participation or working/volunteering at university livestock teaching farms or laboratories (e.g. Swine Unit, Beef Unit, Sheep Unit, Horse Unit, Meat Lab, Petting Farm)
- Please answer the following essay question (not to exceed one page, double spaced and 12 pt print) Please describe your personal interests in Animal Studies. What attracted you to the Animal Sciences program at Cal Poly?
- In no more than 250 words describe your demonstrated record of participation in AVS student club activities, membership in professional student organizations, and/or community service.